20 Nov Pastor Cindy’s November 20th Epistle
By now you have received the news that we are going back to virtual worship effective Sunday, November 22. The letter that was sent out on Thursday via email is attached to this epistle if you receive the Epistle by U.S. mail.
This was not an easy decision that our CORE Leadership Team made together. But the information that we are seeing and receiving in the news is not good. Each day seems to get worse. So out of an abundance of caution for everyone, this will be our life for the next four-five weeks. We will review at the end of December and see where things stand. If things are better, we will come back.
We will go ahead and hang the greens on Sunday afternoon as was our plan so that we will have background decorations for Facebook Live for worship.
The Tree for Salvation Army and EXIT 0 is at the entrance to DOOR #1. If you wish to get a tag, come by the church and pull a tag from the tree. The sign-up sheet is on a table to the right. We will leave the door open from 10 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. each day so that you can either pick up tags or drop off gifts. We have not yet received the tags for EXIT 0. We will let you know when those arrive. The Salvation Army gifts should be unwrapped and be returned by Sunday, December 6.
Salvation Army Bell Ringing Schedule will be moved to Door #1 also. I will let you each decide how you wish to handle this. Several of you have already signed up. I have asked for guidance from the Salvation Army.
I will be starting an Advent Study beginning Wednesday, December 2 at 7:00 p.m. We will meet each week for 90 minutes. Our study will be Not a Silent Night – Mary Looks Back to Bethlehem written by Adam Hamilton. This will be via a ZOOM call Send me an email if you would like to join this study.
I will begin doing Facebook live each day beginning Monday, November 23. I will be open to having volunteers who would like to do a Facebook live meditation. Send me an email and let me know when you would like to do it and I will plug you in.
Our theme for Advent will be “I Believe Even When…” We can believe that God is guiding us through this difficult time and that we will be victorious when all of this time is over.
Grace and Peace
Prayer Concerns: Please keep each of these persons, their families and other concerns listed in your prayers.
- Gail Seward – Sister in law of Terry Seward – Valve replacement, home and doing well.
- Janet Jarrett – Friend of Lynn Seward’s – Norton Hospital in Louisville, KY.
- Billie Boone Family – recovering at home – Geri is having difficulty as well.
- Sandra Beckett – home.
- Rosetta Harvey – Providence – Charlestown Road – Room 810.
- Wanda Hitner –has been ill and continues to need prayer.
- Nancy/Earnest Bastian – Home with Home Health Care.
- Eudell Wathen – Emma’s Place Assisted Living in Pekin.
- Larry Wagoner – home.
- Monica Avers – Cancer – Pat Rucker’s cousin.
- Judy Cook – Health Issues.
- People affected by storms/hurricanes in southeast.
- Businesses trying to survive these times.
- Our nation as all 50 states struggle with the COVID Pandemic Crisis.
- All of those in the parish who serve in the medical arena.
- All who are in law enforcement as they try to keep the peace.
- Those who feel shut out in our society and are trying to have their voice and concerns heard. Please listen to them and try to understand.
General Fund Giving 11/15/20: $3,972
Needed Weekly Normal: $6,348
Needed Weekly Critical Expenses Only: $5,729
Mortgage Payment Fund Giving 11/15/20: $195
Mortgage Monthly Payment: $3,269